Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Fabulous Mr. Fox

We live out in the country on a dead end road. Our vegetable garden and a small patch of eating grapes are down in the pasture below the house. Just before I went to bed last night I heard an unusual barking and wondered if Mr. Fox was back. We hadn't seen him in a while. I stepped out on the porch at the same time my neighbor came out with a flashlight to see what was up. Sure enough we spotted him down by the grapes.




He's a handsome little guy with a taste for gophers, mice and moles (a friend indeed). During the summer we've watched him groom down in the grape patch, enjoying the afternoon sun and periodically picking a bunch to munch on.

I was perusing Etsy this morning looking for a photo to illustrate my post and found instead these delightful creations that range from social commentary to flights of fancy.




Support independent artisans and take a minute to check out shop links to see more of their work. You may find something amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment