Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Trunk Series ~ April 5, 1945

I hope you can read this priceless note from The Whitee-Didee Laundry. I believe it was the work of long time family friend Sam Wilson. I was born on March 17, 1945 so this was an ever so timely missive to my no doubt overwhelmed parents. 

My very pregnant Mom on March 11, 1945
The Scotties were Nip and Tuck

You tend to forget that your elders, be they parents or grandparents or family friends were irreverent pranksters in their early years (ages ten to forty) just as we were. I started reading the note and I'm thinking this is a whole new level of personal service. Then, I looked closely at the stationary of The Whitee-Didee Laundry and realize that I'm along for the ride. 



If you have family scrapbooks, photo albums, or old letters tucked away for posterity or your kids, it's time to haul them out of the back of the closet for a look see. They are endless resources of humor, insight and history. 

1 comment:

  1. Precious. That is just great. I have several friends who are pregnant, the Dad's will have to do this.
    Thanks for sharing. Nancy

    ReplyDelete