Friday, March 4, 2011

Just Listen

Tuesday is errand day. The list is sometimes long since I try to make a run only once a week. There's great satisfaction in crossing items off the list as I make the trek. With gas over $4 a gallon one approaches these kinds of simple chores with a new perspective ~ full circle, no backtracking allowed.

I had to make a stop in Santa Rosa and while I was waiting for my appointment I decided to grab a bite at Panda Express. I brought the fortune cookie home to share with my husband and cracked it open while he was fixing dinner. I read the fortune, burst out laughing and handed it to him. In light of all the aha moments we've experienced and shared with a group friends over the last couple of months neither of us was at all surprised.

"Counting time is not so important as making time count"
  
There seems to be an unseen force afoot here, guiding us all along a new path of awareness about priorities and what's truly important in our lives. I think most of us would agree that the force at work here is a gift from a friend who watches over all of us and isn't shy about providing the occasional cosmic kick in the butt to keep us on this path to enlightenment ~ the important thing is that we just listen.

"Listen"


Every day is a gift, choose your attitude and remember how fortunate you are. Make time for yourself, make time for your family, make time to give back to your community. Everyone wins!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Especially the last three sentences - I needed those today! Thanks so much for including my photograph - nature gives us many reminders and examples of how important it is to stop and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listening right now and the birds are singing outside. Guess I had better get out there!

    ReplyDelete