Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wisdom Part Deux

Serendipity once again dances round my campfire.


Shortly after posting my blog, Wisdom from a Refrigerator Door, I received an email from my friend Margo Metegrano at http://www.cowboypoetry.com/ guiding me to the source of those words "Fun, Freedom, Fierceness, Fearlessness".

They are from poet Paul Zarzyski, released in 2007 blogcast to the participants of his Writing Workshop at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering in Elko, NV. Paul was a close friend of Trisha and her husband Vince. I attended most of his workshops, sessions and concerts at Elko this January and instantly understood the connection. He's a total character, an amazing writer and a gifted storyteller. The link for this week's reading assignment is: http://www.westernfolklife.org/weblogs/artists/paulz/2007/01/



Trust me, the blogcast is well worth reading and you need to take a time out anyway. Go get a cup of coffee, find a comfortable spot, put your feet up and prepare to learn and laugh yourself silly. Perhaps your inner writer/poet will request a chance to be freed from inside your head. Perhaps the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering will be added to your bucket list. Life is short, live fearlessly!

No comments:

Post a Comment