Sunday, December 26, 2010

Musings from a Journal of Yore

In my 20's I used to keep journals.  Though life is an ongoing educational process those were the first years truly on my own; out of college, out of the nest, and away from home. A time for testing the waters and finding out about who I was. This morning I picked a journal up and opened it to no particular spot. Here is what I found:

January 10, 1971

Clear light, clear energy
A very seeing day
There is time and no time
Eternities and brief moments
Find no distinction
Soft awareness, no edges
Lightness



Next to it was two quotes, the first from William Faulkner

"I believe man will not merely endure, he will prevail. He is immortal not because he alone among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance..."

The second from Steve Miller
 
"You've got the power to open the door
You've got the power, it's been done before
Once you get there you're sure to see
You open your eyes and love will be easy"


 
Different philosophers, different eras, but meaningful none the less. Accept who you are and revel in that, but never stop exploring your boundries and the possibilities of your life.
 
Thank you once again to the talented artisans of Etsy who help me illustrate my thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Whether you want to or not! We choose a word on New Year's that is our hope for the next year. I think my word this year will be adjustment.

    ReplyDelete