Saturday, June 18, 2011

Daydreaming

My husband constantly surprises me with his insightful observations of the human condition. He is a preschool teacher, a chef, a gardener, and an artist. He is also a voracious reader of both science fiction and the news. Considering the state of the world I wonder, at times, how he tells them apart. 


I came into the house the other day and he was gazing out the kitchen window down towards the garden. I asked what he was up to. He just pointed to a piece of scrap paper on which he had written the following words: 

The Intuitive Mass

Transition occurs
when enough people arrive
at the same thought
at the same time
without being told
what to think

I'd call those words worth pondering. I know he's on to something, because I often do my best thinking while appearing to stare into space. That's my creative time.

1 comment: