Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Little Things ~ May 28, 2013

I'll get to the nitty-gritty, rode hard and put away wet, rest of the story about my TACE Procedure at UCSF in my next post, but today is for celebrating simple pleasures.

Wednesday ~ May 22nd

A splendid day in SF, our airbnb flat (https://www.airbnb.com/) was off the scale. We're going to return there when I have a repeat performance at UCSF in late June. We logged 3 miles around the Cole Valley and Golden Gate Park, discovered a great Thai restaurant called Ploy II on Haight and the Ice Cream Bar across the street from our aerie. We had mint chocolate chip, but did you know there was such a flavor as roasted strawberry and goat cheese? We didn't try it, but the girls sitting next to us said it was amazing.



We spent hours in the late afternoon sun
reading on the chaise under the window


Friday and Saturday ~ May 24th and May 25th

Friday morning we busted out of UCSF and headed to familiar ground. Glad to be home but felt like refried poop. Couldn't get comfortable without anti nausea meds and Oxycodone. They say "better living through chemistry" but this took it to a whole new level. What brought me back to the living was Angel Pagan's walk off, inside the park home run, to win the Colorado game in the 10th.

Angel Pagan
Open link to watch this little miracle: http://soa.li/MERiuGU

Monday ~ May27th

New critters in the hood. Rod was sitting outside reading when a small herd of young weasels started playing tag around the greenhouse and our sheds. Neighbor Susie caught a couple of them on film.


Tuesday ~ May 28th

We had rain most of the night, a delightful surprise that settled the dust and gave all the plants a bath. Today was my first venture outside since getting home. It was warm so we had coffee and strawberry apple smoothies on the deck. I put on my sandals and toddled about the yard taking pictures. I must be on the mend.

 Potato Tree
 
 When you look out across our pasture
 freshly mown
 you understand why we call it home 
Raindrop Diamonds on Blue Spruce

Now I must pay tribute to the most caring man in the world. He's been at my side through all of this: he makes me laugh, rubs my shoulders, gives me pedicures, makes sure I take my medications, cooks amazing food, and has developed an infinite patience with his slightly cranky bride.


I am blessed beyond words. This afternoon he made a vat of beef stew and sourdough/parmesan biscuits. Be still my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment