Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Little Things in Life ~ December 7, 2014

You can have an impact on a stranger's day or life with a simple act of kindness. Toss a small pebble into a quiet pond and watch it's energy move outward in infinite rings. We all have the power to make a difference.

Pink Water Lily with Lily Pad
Pond Ripples

I was at Kaiser Friday morning for my weekly blood tests. When I came out of the building entrance, I noticed a little lady with a cane standing on the opposite curb across the driveway. Without thinking I walked up and asked it she might like a hand stepping down. She looked up, gave me a big smile and reached for my hand. She asked if any cars were coming and I signaled to a red Jeep starting to pull into the lane. The driver gave a thumbs up that she'd wait. I walked with her across the road to the sidewalk. We said goodbye and she was on her way. 

As I turned back to cross the driveway the Jeep driver pulled up next to me and rolled down her window. She was smiling and had tears running down her face. All she said was "That was the sweetest thing I've ever seen."

I was floored and pretty much spent the rest of the day grinning. No matter what is going on in your life, there is always room to give a little: a smile, some assistance, or maybe just a thank you. Pay it Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment