Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Omne Trium Perfectum

Loosely translated it means "everything that comes in threes is perfect". In writing the "rule of three" is a principle that suggests that things that come in threes are inherently funnier, more satisfying, or more effective than other numbers of things like: Three Bears, Three Stooges, Three Musketeers, or Three Little Pigs to name a few.

The Three Bears Cooking

It's taken on a whole new meaning at our house. To quote the one and only Madeline Kahn from Blazing Saddles "I'm so Tired" but not in the context you'd think. We're really talking tires here.
 
Fix a Flat - Norman Rockwell

1. Friday - We take our little motorhome in to have the tires rotated and find out that the two inner tires of the dualie axle need to be replaced. Duly (pun intended) noted and ordered.

2. Monday - I have a soft rear tire on my jeep and so I take it in to my tire gurus at Valley Tire in Santa Rosa. They find a three inch sheet rock screw but are able to repair it for no charge.

3. Tuesday - My husband calls me from work at the coast to say he'll be a little late ~ flat tire on the Honda. What? There is a three inch gash with a utility knife blade wedged in it. I call my guys again arrange to bring the Honda in this afternoon. 

As I finish my conversation with John he says "be careful these kind of things happen in threes". My response, as I snort with laughter is to tell him we already have it covered. We're done with this triumvirate, the triple crown, threes a crowd, and triple play week. The tire is too badly damaged to repair but at least the tread on it's mate is good enough we only need to replace one. Phew!

We're pretty sure #2 and #3 are the direct result of a remodel we did a couple of months ago - dude left behind some flotsam in our gravel parking area that finally found a place to call home. Oh Well! So total damage for the three tires is about $660 ~ oh look it's divisible by three!

No comments:

Post a Comment