Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just a Thought Series ~ May 12, 1970


All you have been and seen
And done and thought
Not You but I
Have seen and been and wrought

Pilgrim, Pilgrimage and Road
Was but Myself toward Myself
 And Your Arrival
But Myself
At my own Door

Come you lost Atoms
To your Centre draw
And be the Eternal Mirror that you saw
Rays that have wander'd
Into Darkness wide return
And back into your Sun subside

I knew these words weren't my own so I did a little early morning research. The lines are from a poem called A Face in the Mirror by 12th Century Persian poet Attar.


My whole life has been a series of serendipitous connections and threads. In retrospect these words were a prescient prelude to my month long adventure of self discovery in the Northwest and Canada that began August 18th of that same year. At the time of this journal entry I had no inkling of what was ahead, but then again, perhaps I did ~ food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment